Fun Snacks for Around the Fire Pit
Summer is finally in a full, deliciously warm swing, and what better way to enjoy it than with some fun snacks around the fire pit! Something about the fresh air, friends, and sunshine seems to make us a little extra hungry for snacks. So, after you’ve enjoyed that delicious grilled hamburger, you might need a little snack to munch on while shooting the breeze with friends around the fire pit. We are sharing 7 of our favorite, make-ahead, delicious snacks, so you don’t have to miss the fire pit fun by going back into the kitchen for more cooking! Here are fun snacks for around the fire pit!
1. Trail Mix
There are countless delicious trail mix combinations just waiting for your tastebuds! Trail mix is a simple, high protein, healthy fat packed, filling, light snack that is easy to prepare and transport.
Start with your favorite combination of nuts. Think peanuts, cashews, almonds, macadamia nuts, and walnuts.
Add your favorite dried fruit. Some examples are your basic raisins or dried cranberries or more adventurous cherries, apricots, pineapple, or banana chips.
Add your favorite seeds! Some examples include pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds, to name a few.
Finally, add in some fun stuff. You can opt for dark chocolate chips/chunks, M&M’s, popcorn, yogurt-covered pretzels, or whatever else sounds yummy!
If you want a little additional boost of flavor, add some spices! A pinch of salt and cinnamon can go a long way in enhancing the taste of your mix.
2. Chex Mix
Chex mix is beautifully versatile and, just like trail mix, is easily adapted to meet all your friends’ snacking needs!
A simple ratio to follow is as follows:
- 9 cups of cereal (this can be a combination of wheat, corn, rice Chex, or a mix of cheerios)
- 1 Cup of nuts (traditionally, this is peanuts, but almonds, walnuts, or a combination of all three are also delicious)
- 5 Cups of add-ins (pretzels, Cheetos, bagel chips, crackers)
The traditional seasoning blend for Chex mix usually involves seasoning salt, onion powder, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, and plenty of butter!
Finally, the key to a crispy Chex mix is the right amount of butter and cooking it in the oven low and slow. We recommend baking your Chex mix in a thin layer on a baking sheet in the oven at 250.
There are countless amazing recipes that are all very similar for a classic or creative Chex Mix! Find your favorite!
3. Granola Bars
Homemade granola bars can be as straightforward or as complicated as you’d like. They can be crispy, or they can be soft and chewy. It’s all about your preference! There are tons of recipes featuring a variety of flavors, ingredients, and prep time.
The basic foundation of granola bars are:
- Some forms of nut butter (peanut butter, almond butter, cashew butter)
- Mix-ins (dried fruit, nuts, seeds)
- Spices (cinnamon, salt, nutmeg)
- Some form of sweetener (maple syrup, honey, brown sugar)
- A quick search will reveal countless recipes that best suit your snacking desire!
4. Roasted Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans)
Maybe you struggle with a nut allergy or are not a huge fan of nuts; roasted chickpeas are an excellent alternative for you! They require minimal prep time and significantly boost protein and energy.
The essential ingredients needed for roasted chickpeas are a can of chickpeas (obviously!), some oil (olive oil or avocado oil works well), and the seasoning of your choice! You can opt for cajun for a nice hot and spicy twist or a simple, savory mixture of garlic powder, onion powder, and salt.
Rinse off your chickpeas, toss them in your oil and seasonings, and throw them in a preheated oven at 425 degrees! Next, bake them for 25-30 minutes until the chickpeas become dehydrated and crispy.
5. Nut Butter Protein Balls
These are easy to throw together and require minimal prep time and no baking! There are countless recipe options and variations online. The basic ingredients for these bad boys are vanilla protein powder, nut butter, flax seeds, chia seeds, sweetener (honey or maple syrup), and a good dose of chocolate chips!
6. Rice Krispie Treats
What snack list for outdoor enjoyment would be complete without Rice Krispie Treats? The classic Rice Krispie Treat is a quick, easy-to-make, lightweight snack that is easy to transport and devour when you need a sweet treat!
You will need the following:
- A bag of marshmallows
- A box of Rice Krispies
- A few tablespoons of butter
- Vanilla extract
7. Charcuterie Board
A charcuterie board can be a delicious, high-protein, delectable, and easy-to-prepare snack that’s sure to impress your friends.
1. Grab a plate and stock with your favorite crackers (Ritz, Triscuits, or Chicken in a Biskit)
2. Slice up your favorite salami (dried salami is an excellent choice)
3. Slice up your favorite cheese (Havarti, Gouda, Pepper Jack, Dubliner, Sharp Cheddar)
4. Arrange it on a plate and pop it in the fridge to take out later. We recommend adding the crackers right before you serve, so they don’t get soggy or stale. Of course, if you want to get really fancy, you can always add a selection of olives, artichokes, pickles, or grapes.
It is as simple as 1, 2, 3. Enjoy a fancy cheese, cracker, and salami snack in the peaceful quiet of nature!
So maybe you’re eager to try out some of these fun snacks for around the fire pit, but you don’t have a fire pit? We can help you bring the smells and ambiance of the great outdoors to your backyard with our beautiful fire pit options. There are countless benefits to having a fire pit in your backyard – enjoying fun, delicious snacks are just one of them! Check out our incredible fire pit selection here, or contact us today for a custom design.
Here’s to hours of memories, moments, and munching! Yum!